About Fakir Selim
Fakir Selim served as the Digital Editor for the Bangla Service of the Voice of America between July 2013 and March 2022.
He is an experienced, trained, and confident multimedia specialist with a specialization in field reporting, script writing, editing texts and audio, and video content, and airing the final products to viewers and listeners.
Fakir Selim worked as a full-time professional journalist for more than 30 years both in the USA and Bangladesh.
- He began his career as the Campur Reporter for The Daily New Nation in 1990 and served there till 1993.
- Joined The Daily Independent in 1994 as a staff reporter and worked there till 1997.
- Joined the Embassy of Japan in Dhaka as a Public Relation Specialist and served until March 2005.
- Migrated to the USA in July 2005 and joined the STVUSA as the Head of News and served till December 2008.
- Joined the NTV USA as a news editor and worked until December 2009.
- Joined the ATN Bangla USA as its Bureau Chief and served till June 2013.
- Joined the Voice of America as an International Broadcaster in July 2013 and promoted to Digital Editor in 2019 (US Federal Service-13 Grade) and retired in March 30 2022.
Fakir Selim graduated from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh obtaining bachelor and masters degrees in Public Administration. He also obtained two associate degrees in English and Japanese languages from the Institute of Modern Languages, University of Dhaka. He studies Automobile Engineering in Apex Technical Institute in New York and obtained a an associate degree.
Fakir Selim is also popularly known for his contemporary rhymes. He has two books of rhymes and thousands of articles on various issues, audio and video stories and a documentary on Rohingya as, ‘Rohingya Refugees A Tale of Tragedy’